Ready To Ship
Limited quantity 1 left
Condition: used - Good Condition
Category: Books and Magazines
Official Red Hat Linux Administrator's Guide
Foreword by Michael Tiemann, CTO, Red Hat
Linux Solutions from the Experts at Red Hat
Red Hat sealed and approved! Compiled by Red Hat's own documentation team and reviewed by a Red Hat qualified technical expert, this comprehensive, authoritative guide delivers all the know-how you need to manage Linux networks and systems, troubleshoot problems, and provide optimum client service.
You'll find in-depth coverage of creating network scripts, configuring Apache and Samba, Kickstart installations, and managing major protocols such as SSH, LDAP, DHCP, and BIND. Learn what you need to know about Red Hat Linux 8 exclusives like GRUB and ext3 and get extensive information on topics most Linux guides don't even address, like Tripwire, PAM, Samba, and RAID.
This guidebook is your single official source for documentation, instruction, and answers about Red Hat Linux 8.
Proven Red Hat Linux Administration Solutions
- Understand the pros and cons of Kerberos 5 and configure both server and client
- Upgrade the kernel and learn about working with kernel modules
- Add SMB, NCP, and JetDirect printers, modify existing printers, and configure the CUPS system
- Manage console access and use xinetd to control access to services
- Configure, enhance, and maintain an Apache secure server
- Select, configure, and update appropriate security installations
- Troubleshoot NFS, /proc, ext3, and the Red Hat Linux File System
- Add packages and maintain Red Hat Linux with regular updates
Write Your Review